Sunday, January 31, 2010

irony much?

sooo...went to church this morning and laughed out loud when i saw the title of the new sermon series..."What is Love?" if you scroll down a little, you'll see that as the lame-attempt-at-humor title of my last post that i put up less than 24 hours ago. God is funny. what's even better is that He clearly showed me my whole perspective on love was wrong.
i was worried about finding love, while my real goal should be to BE love. today's sermon made me realize that love is not a feeling to wait for. it's an action. a choice. a command from Love Himself. clearly my mindset was a bit skewed, so here's to letting go of my wish for the feeling of love and humbly embracing the undeserved agape of the Holy One.

eph. 3:17-19
"May your roots go deep into the soil of God's marvelous love, and may you be able to feel and understand...how long, wide, deep, and high His love really is, and to know that this love surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

0 comments: