Saturday, October 3, 2009

silver dollar withdrawal

Subtract approximately 12 years from my life and i would currently be in Silver Dollar City, camping with every person i knew thus far in my life and eating kettle corn by the pound. I would spend my days working up the nerve to ride Thunderation, walking and tripping through Grandfather's Mansion, and riding Fire-in-the-Hole (which always ended with me convincing myself and everyone around me that my gun must be broken because i KNOW i shot more targets than it said).

And of course, lets not forget taking the classic tintype picture with the fam, complete with mothball smelling 1800's clothes and awkward serious stares. Those were the days, and the nights were even better. Smore's around the campfire, searching for walking stick bugs, swinging on dad's swing, and the occasional Dino show (tehe).

Without a doubt, i will take my future family to Silver Dollar City to experience the beauty of autumn in the Ozarks. And they will like it. So in honor of my nostalgia, i'm popping a bag of 100-calorie kettle corn and listening to the sounds of Silver Dollar in Nickel Creek.

3 comments:

smithec said...

awwwww my heart skipped a beat when i saw the title of this post!!!! i want to go! NOW! seriously, how about in 2011, when you and brian are finally finished with school, we are going again!!!! plan on it!

great. now i am craving kettle corn. and that amazing cinnamon bread... :)

Christine said...

Oh the cinnamon bread! And the memory of eating loaves and LOAVES of it in just a few hours (to wash down the giant cookie, the apple cobbler, and the kettle corn of course)! :) Let's not forget the Haygood hotties! Be still my heart. And Dino, seriously, who puts on a better show than Dino? Dino doesn't know!

Caroline said...

Lesley Grace.
You have a blog. Why have you not told me this? And SDC is in my corner of Missouri. You must stop by :)